Monday, February 28, 2011

Monday, February 28, 2011 -- Day 47

So, still not much more to report. Things are smooth sailing...just getting easier each day. I did some lab related work today and it was good, I felt normal! I have to walk around with a cart to lean on and since I can't carry anything, but it was fine. As long as I can get work done, then who cares HOW it gets done.

So surgery was scheduled for May 27th, Renee emailed me back and Millis going to ANOTHER conference that day...so far he kicked me to the curb June 13 and now May 27 for conferences. OK OK, I can't be too made since these conferences are VERY important in the future of hipsters everywhere. Fine, I'll let it slide this time. SOOO d-day is June 20. NO QUESTION! Pre-op is June 9. I can't wait. I know it'll be here at the blink of an eye and I can't wait. I hope to start PT the week after our cruise so that gives me about 12 weeks/3 months of strength training and getting back to normal before I do it all over again and on the final road to recovery. I know in the beginning I was REALLY bummed out about this whole thing but looking back it wasn't bad at all. I slept like CRAP and had terrible tailbone pain, but what did that last, a week? HAHA Going through it for the first time was hard because I didn't know HOW long it was going to last, but looking back it was not so terrible. Plus sleeping in our spare room really helped. We plan on buying a new mattress before June 20 anyway so that's a plus. :-)

Don't have much more to update. I'm getting around very well without the crutch around the house...I keep losing the crutch though! I set it down and forget where I left it. Time for my exercises! Update on Wednesday at 7 weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment