Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Wednesday, March 2, 2011 -- Day 49

Hellooooooo week 7!!! That sounds like a lifetime, and really it is but it has gone pretty quick in the entire scheme of things. I mean, a few weeks ago I was on two crutches now I'm able to walk with NOTHING. I remember when I needed help putting my sock on, now that's like second nature...it's a little difficult, but I can at least do it myself. Most recent accomplishment is putting on my pants while standing up (full weight bearing on my op leg for a second or two), and doing an entire hair drying and straightening without sitting down...an approximate 30 minute process. haha So I'd say that things are going well. We retired the commode, walker and shower seat to our "basement" storage area and will pull that out again in June.

I'm trying to stick to my crutch as much as possible because I don't want to do anything too soon. I was doing too much at work without the crutch and I worry myself so I've been a lot more cognoscente of that. I've forgotten to do my exercises the last couple of days and I'm not happy about that. I have a cruise in 16 days and I have to be as strong as possible!

My next post-op appointment is March 15 and hopefully be allowed to get off crutches and be more comfortable with it, get more exercises AND start PT! I can't wait for physical therapy.

I'm going to do my exercises...two days worth...then call it a night.

No comments:

Post a Comment