Monday, February 7, 2011

Monday, February 7, 2011 -- Day 26

PHEW, first time I've put my feet up all day. I left for work at 9am, driving was pretty good.  I took Kevin's truck since my car needed gas, but he has no rear brakes so it was a double whammy. I ended up left-foot braking because my right foot kept hitting the gas and brake at the same time. It'll be better when I get to drive my own car.

So it was good to be back and work and seeing everyone, so many questions from people, UGH! I went to the lab and settled in and tried to get organized and basically just sat there for a while. My co-worker called out sick today...so it was just me. I actually did some lab related work too, just to see if I could and BOY was that exhausting. I had to use a little cart to put everything on, push it in front of me, crutch to it, push it again...crutch to it...how annoying. So after I did all that my left hip was so sore but the new one was perfect! I had to keep getting up and walking around because it does get sore sitting upright, but not too bad.

I ended up leaving around 3pm because I was so so tired. I did stop at the grocery store to get a handful of things....thought I could just grab a bag and carry it with me, not so easy. I only got 4 things but it was SO hectic and I was sweating. Crutching around is just a pain in the ass. Finally made it home, then started some homemade bread in the breadmaker and a pot of pasta sauce. So happy to see Kevin walk in the door and here I am in my chair.

The only negative thing is the pain on my non-op hip. I can't wait to be able to put more weight on the op one so it relieves that one a bit.

I slept great last night. Didn't wake up until 5:30am the first time, so that was awesome! I fell asleep on my stomach and woke up on my back...I just get worried I turn the right way! But I'm getting so much more comfortable in bed, still have 2 pillows for my legs which cramps Kevin a bit, but there's not much I can do about that.

Time to relax and decide if I want to work tomorrow. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment