Thursday, February 24, 2011

Thursday, February 24, 2011 -- Day 43

SORRY, forgot to post on my 6-week anniversary.

Yesterday I went back to work again after a week and a half and doing much better. 3 1/2 weeks post was a little too early I think. I got so exhausted so easily. I feel much more awake by this point. So I worked about 7 hours yesterday and then Kevin and I went into New Haven for dinner and then to see Anthony Bourdain which was Kevin's Christmas present. We parked close to the restaurant and walked about 4 blocks to the theatre which was hard. My right leg was completely fine, it was my left that really wasn't letting me get around as easily. We got there a little early so just stood there until it opened (of course I was not offered a seat). We had tickets to a Beer and Wine tasting which became just a wine tasting, but it was fine. Then off to our seats but a pit stop at the bathroom first, we took the elevator from the first floor ALL the way up to the 5th then back down to the basement which is where the bathroom was. On the way back up, we waited...and waited...then I said F this lets take the stairs. I NEVER take the elevator for a couple flights of stairs and sure enough people were milking it! SO annoying. If you don't need to use the elevator, then don't! Obesity isn't an excuse either, you NEED to use the stairs. So we took the stairs and made it to our seats (again, was not offered any help or anyone offer to take my crutch to the back of the room - real sweet people). The show was AMAZING...I ordered aisle seats, but the aisle was on my left side! haha But I didn't need it for my right leg like I usually do. After the show we had tickets for a meet and greet/autograph signing. We try to fight the crowd, one chick KNOCKS my crutch with her huge pocketbook and didn't even acknowledge what she did (another piece of crap...did I ever mention I hate CT). So we FINALLY made it to the signing...we're waiting in line and still no offer of a chair for me to rest in. Whatever....so we left for the 4 block walk back to the truck which was very difficult because my left hip was in so much pain.

It was midnight by the time we went to bed but I still did my first round of new exercises! I'm now laying on my op side which feels great! I was nervous at first, I felt the screws at first...but now it just feels normal. Last night was the first time I didn't sleep with an extra pillow to put between my legs when I sleep on my other side. So again...big steps forward.

Today I did another 7 hour work day and it was fine. I did my exercises before I left for work and will do them again shortly before bed. The standing ones hurt my left leg because I have to stand on it and it strains and really truly hurts. I don't know which surgery date to pick..May 27 or June 13....sdhfdfh!!!

I know there are things I wanted to write here, I think about it all day but I can't remember anything else. Took some new incision pictures so will attach those tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment