Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Wednesday, March 9, 2011 -- Day 56 - Week 8

I know I've been SLACKING lately, but how many times can I write the same thing day after day.

This weekend my parents were here and boy did I do a LOT of walking. After our daily adventures, I came home and did my exercises and my hip was starting to get a bit sore. So I haven't done my exercises in a few days and I've been trying to really use my crutch more often to allow my hip to heal more. Today I was walking around work without my crutch and I felt like I was walking perfect. But I'm sure there was still a limp...I may never get rid of that. Plus my left hip hurts so it's inevitable that I will limp.

I'm still feeling great. I walk up and down the stairs without my crutch and it feels so fine. I plan on taking both crutches on the cruise just to be on the safe side. And get through security quicker. haha

My indian style is getting great, I'm still about 90% there. My exercises are getting pretty easy. I'm still on the basic stretch band so will move to the harder one soon. But my hamstring stretch is still pretty rough, I've never been flexible to begin with so this stretch is killing me. Other than that, I'm ready for my new exercises.

I see Millis again on Tuesday...seems like I just saw him! I hope to start PT when I get back from the cruise so I will ask him. I will probably be able to drop the crutch, but obviously use it when I need. I'm almost done with my aspirin and I take my vitamin every day.

That's about it for now. Next post will most likely be after my appointment, 9 weeks, and before the cruise. YAY!

2 comments:

  1. hi! sounds like you're coming along great! my indian cross-leg sit only got comfortable (but not normal) in the last couple of weeks--so what have you been doing to help that get better so fast???!! i just saw Millis this past week for my 4mo post-op and it's freezing in boston! hopefully it will warm up for you. i can't believe you have to think of doing your other hip already. you're a trooper! have a great time on your cruise!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's not comfortable by any means since I have rest on my hands leaning back a bit, but it's TOTALLY better than nothing. Especially this move usually takes a while to come back. I haven't been doing anything. I'm super active so it feels like things are moving around easier. I try things out, if it doesn't work I stop and just keep trying it and eventually it works out. I see him Tuesday for my.....2 month post-op basically. Hope to drop the crutch. I can't WAIT to do my second hip. I've been in terrible pain for 4 years, had I known about PAO I wouldn't have waited so long. So being painfree in my new hip is absolutely amazing and recovery has been amazing...my left is terrible so I'm so ready. I wish I could do it tomorrow honestly.

    Good luck to you, keep on keeping on!!

    ReplyDelete