Friday, June 17, 2011

Friday, June 17, 2011 Day 14 - 2 weeks

Here I am at 2 weeks! I can't decide if the time flew by or not. ahaha I want to say it didn't, but at the same time it did kind of go fast. But I wish it went faster!

The night didn't really go as planned. I fell asleep on the couch for about two hours last night so when I eventually went to bed...(9:30pm) it took me forever to fall asleep. I tried to fall asleep on my stomach but it just wasn't happening. I tried for about an hour and just laid there and laid there. I tried my side but I can only stand that for about 10 minutes still. I wish that would get more comfortable so I can move around more. Then for some reason, my mattress is getting uncomfortable so that's really making me frustrated.

I tried being on my stomach around 3:30am but because my back hurt so badly before, it KILLED when I went on my stomach. So it was a real bad situation. I just want to be able to roll around and bend my leg like normal. But I'm at 2 weeks...I can't push it.

Kevin and I did a walk around the sidewalk that goes around our building last night. It took forever! Crutches are just SO tiring and because I am in some pain it makes it twice as long. I want this nerve pain to go AWAY!!! Why couldn't this go as smooth as the first one? I hate it so much. It makes me so depressed and lazy because moving is so sore. My hip is pretty much fine, it's this pain running down my butt and my leg that's killing me. PLEASE please please, heal ASAP!

So I haven't moved off the couch much today, only twice to go pee! I guess that's a good thing because I need to heal anyway. But I feel so lazy. AND...today is day 14 for surgery and Millis said two weeks for bandage removal. So I took off the right hip bandage (hardware removal) since he didn't change the dressing after surgery, this has been the same one.

I will be posting pictures of:
1) My hips with the bandages on them - which I call my diaper because it sounds like I have a diaper on when I move.

2) A picture of my right hip sans bandage and only containing the steri-stripes which will now begin to fall off themselves (YAY) and the LPAO with the same bandage which I can take off on Sunday.

3) My screws, finally! I took a picture with a pen next to them as well as my hand. I have very long fingers if that helps in any way to see how large the screws are...as they are really long!!!! I couldn't believe how long they were. The small one held the muscle together. This time Dr. Millis said he just sewed it together. Enjoy!




If I were to guess...I'd say the longest one is approximately 5" long. Incredible!!! So glad to have them OUT!

No comments:

Post a Comment