Sunday, June 19, 2011

Saturday, June 19, 2011 - Day 15

Naturally the day started off pretty terrible. I slept like crap, I woke up a lot, I was sore and couldn't get comfortable....typical. I crept into our bedroom in hopes I could get comfortable in our bed vs. the spare bed and all I did was lay there for a while until Kevin woke up and decided it was time for breakfast. We had breakfast and I just felt SO down and out...(can't say depressed because Kevin won't let me). But I feel just so run down and that there's just nothing I can do which is the worst of all! I hate this nerve pain with ALL of my heart.

So after some talking...I sat outside for a few minutes and decided it was time for a shower to maybe perk me up a little. It felt nice and I got to shave my legs after about a week! While in the shower Kevin told me we would have company for dinner. He must have assumed that would cheer me up a bit. At first I was unsure because I just felt completely BLAH and don't really want to see anyone. But as I went through the day and had a nap, I knew it would DEFINITELY cheer me up. I took a nap, we had some lunch then I threw on the old bathing suit and sat outside for a little bit while Kevin did more work on our sound-proof wall.

I still was feeling pretty terrible, any move I make just aches my butt down to my hamstring. It is the absolute worst pain ever. Everything is uncomfortable. What can I do? Honestly. I take my meds which I'm REALLY mad about because I don't want to take them since my hip feels fine...plus they bind me up and I'm trying to get over that. But I have to suck it up and take them, hate it.

Anyway, I ended up staying awake until 10pm since we had friends over! Unfortunately, I still needed meds to sleep through the night.

I'm trying to be diligent regarding my exercises...but we're not as good as we were last time. Sometimes Kevin and I become very lazy and don't get to do them, not good! He says I'm getting stronger with them, so that's good. So, I can get in and out of bed by myself mostly by grabbing my thigh and bringing it up onto the bed then shifting in whichever direction I need to go. I can also put on pants by myself, not problem. Haven't mastered the sock or shoe yet and haven't even tried! There's no way my flexibility is where it was last time, damnit. In and out of shower by myself is no problem and getting in and out of chairs is fine too. I'm only two weeks so I can't hope for too much....but I will admit I didn't think the second one was going to be this shitty. But then again I didn't think I was going to have nerve issues either.

Here's a pic of my incision areas minus the bandage, and with only the steri-stripes on. A few "fell off" from my right side...I can't tell if they opened the entire area again or only part of it. But it's looking good either way and feeling great. Just let me get to that point with my left hip and we'll be good to go! Post-op is in a little over two weeks. I hope to be feeling great by then!


No comments:

Post a Comment