Monday, June 20, 2011

Monday, June 20, 2011 - Day 17

So today wasn't too bad. I spent the day on the couch, trying to give myself the time to heal not only my bones but hopefully this nerve.

I hard boiled myself some eggs for breakfast and I got up to prepare my lunch (kind of)...so I've been up and down a few more times than normal today. I also just put dinner in the oven...of course my nerve is feeling very painful, but I'm putting it out of my head and trying to get things done. Maybe it's almost gone! But on another note, I emailed Dr. Millis and Jaime and he prescribed me Neurontin (generic: gabapentin) which is a drug used for epilepsy and seizures. It's a nerve blocker and it is supposed to help my pain. But it takes a while to start to work and you have to take quite a bit of it and over a longer period of time. Also, you can't just stop taking it...you have to ease off of it. So I'm hoping my nerve is healing so I don't have to start this...but we'll see. Kevin will be picking that up for me on his way home.

So that's the story of my day really...I did some work from home so I feel pretty good I will be getting some kind of paycheck now. It's going to be a difficult couple of months here. I'm not even close to being ready to go back to work anytime soon...definitely not while I'm on ANY meds. We'll see what happens.

My Mom has off this weekend so I will probably go home and stay there for a week or so until my post-op appointment which I can't believe is so close already. We'll see how that goes. I feel a little behind based on last time because I'm not getting as strong as I was as quickly due to the painful nerve. I hope it's going away so I can kick start healing for real!

No comments:

Post a Comment