Sunday, June 19, 2011

Sunday, June 19, 2011 - Day 16

Really? Only day 16? I remember posting from day 40 last time. Why can't I be at that point right now. Anyway...I'm not, so this is what I have to deal with.

I just wrote to Dr. Millis/Jaime/Erin and let them know that nothing has changed since they last emailed me and that I don't want to really take any meds, but if it's my only choice I guess I'll have to. Damn. It.

So today didn't get productive until later on. After breakfast and some sitting around and what not, I really wanted to get just out....even if it was for a car ride. So Kevin packed some snacks, blankets and my pillow and off we went. We decided to go to East Rock which is a State Park type of place real close to our house and we drove to the top, ended up finding a perfect parking spot close to a picnic table and set up shop. I had to walk down a small hill/ditch but it was alright. We played cards and had some snacks. I got pretty tired and real sore sitting there so we left...but we were there for maybe 2 hours? It was a nice change of scenery and nice to be outside. Once back in the car I did get quite sore and now I'm home sitting on the couch.

Of course I got all sad again....I'm trying to be so strong, I really am. And no one can really know what this is like until they are put through it. Absolutely I would recommend this surgery to ANYONE...it's not easy, but it's amazing. It's just the nerve thing that I can't handle. Jaime from PT basically said there's nothing I can really do at this point...maybe take some meds but I don't want to do that. I'm not a pill pusher...never was, never will be. Pre-op I never took pain meds for the pain and I don't plan to start. My incision is pretty sore still and sometimes I move and it feels like a burning sensation...so I move my position again quickly. My lower abs are also VERY very sore and sensitive. It was rare when they were sore last time and now it happens again? Must be getting to be a common issue. Anyway, when my pants rub on the area it gets quit sore. But all in all the hip is going fine....would like to get the sleeping on my side thing under control, but that's still slow as well. Nerve pain go away, please. I just want to be pain free because I haven't been in over 5 years...can't you just let me be happy. Maybe...starting tomorrow? Love, the rest of the body you're attached to!!

No comments:

Post a Comment