Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Tuesday, June 21, 2011 - Day 18

Well I'm still trekking along! I slept like crap...but what else is new? I took a Valium before bed which puts me out old for about 3 hours, but I don't take anything else...I just have to hope I can keep falling back asleep. Unfortunately, sleeping on my side (with a VERY thick pillow between my legs just isn't cutting it yet). This time last surgery I think side sleeping was much more comfortable...I'm getting there, slowly, but just not there yet. I'm staying strong and just taking it one day at a time...I know it will come, just giving it more time.

So...naturally every time I wake up in the night I have to pee (hate that!) then about 6am when I woke up I just could not get comfortable and was getting really annoyed so I crept into our room and got into bed with Kevin before he had to get up and go to work. When he got out of the shower he got me dressed and out of bed so I could begin my day. yuck.

I didn't eat breakfast until later on as I just wasn't feeling so positive. But I eventually had some cereal with strawberries and bananas (prepared myself and carried to my recliner). Watched my shows until about noon time (getting up to pee a lot)...then took a NICE and much needed shower. I was actually feel pretty good. I haven't started the Neurontin yet as I TRULY don't want to be on another drug and I feel as though the nerve is subsiding a little, but I'm also not sure if I'm just getting used to it. But I don't dread getting in and out of the chair like I did last time...so that's progress. I watched some more TV and then decided to go for a walk around our building which has been VERY hard and tiring for me. But I did a loop with no stops and it felt great! OK...great isn't the right word...but it felt really good. I then packed up my things into my backpack and went out on the patio to cut some coupons and enjoy the nice weather. I was out there about an hour until Kevin came home. We sat for a while, then I decided another loop around the building would be good. I did that, got my heart pumping and came back. After that one I felt sore and came inside to side in my chair.

All in all, it feels as though things are getting better....cross your fingers that I've turned a slight corner and am going to put this nerve behind me! It's time for my exercises now and then perhaps some dinner.

I hope tonight gets me ONE step closer to a restless night's sleep. Also, I don't feel bad having all these nerve pills and not taking them since they didn't cost me anything!

Ah well....tomorrow's a new day!

No comments:

Post a Comment