Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Wednesday, July 13, 2011- Day 41

This is post #100 on day 41! Wow...almost at 6 weeks and I feel as though I'm doing much better. I've spent a lot of time in the pool this week and it has been helping a great deal to get the joint looser. Moving my leg out to the side is much more comfortable...nowhere near great, but I can move it about a foot or so. That's a big improvement. I can now sneeze without cringing. Sleeping is still tough. On my stomach is fine, but sleeping on my non-op side is kinda sore still in the front of my hip. Laying on the operated side is slightly more comfortable. I feel like the muscle is taking a long time to heal this time. My initial exercise where I had to move my leg to the left 10 degrees and to the right 10 degrees feels like I haven't improved at all because I can't bring it back towards my right leg. So I'm not sure what's taking that muscle so long to get back into shape. I'm definitely moving around enough. Oh well...it obviously has something to do with all the cutting once they got into my hip so I can't complain too much.

I've felt soooo tired and exhausted this week. Been working about 4 hours a day at work and it has drained me. It's the most straight work I've done since surgery and boy is it making me tired. I'm really glad they are working with me and allowing me to work at a revised schedule at first. It's hard too because it's not like I can do anything at work besides desk stuff. I can't make anything in the lab or carry anything so it makes for a real long day.

Other than that...things are going really great. I wanted to start at the gym today and do the stationary bike but that never happened. It's difficult seeing myself drive all the way to the gym (out of the way from my house and work) just to get on the bike for 10 minutes...do some arms and leave. So maybe in a week or so.

That's about all

No comments:

Post a Comment