Monday, July 1, 2013

Sunday, June 30, 2013 - Day 5

I started typing todays blog in yesterdays! 

We have since bought new a new bed, a king size bed which is pretty comfy on a normal night. So, Kevin put a pillow at the foot of the bed between the mattress and the foot board which pulls the sheets out a bit so my foot isn't bent over all night. Next, my leg was on two pillows, my head was on two pillows and I had a body pillow down the right side of me incase I wanted to sleep on my side. SO, who can't sleep a million hours with all those pillows? I fell asleep with music on because people were setting off fireworks and it was a little loud, woke up around midnight and thought, "oh no, I'll never get back to sleep" took my headphones off and went back to sleep. Woke up around 3am and REALLY hate having to wake someone up so I shimmied my way out of bed myself and got to the bathroom, came back and took my meds, Kevin got mad because I didn't wake him up, then he put be back in bed and I went right out again! I woke up around 6am or so and rolled onto my side on the body pillow and it felt fine! I was amazed. Thank goodness. I slept for an hour or so and rolled on my back again. I finally got up around 9am so just about 12 hours! I got up, took one step and fell back to the bed in tears! I had a ripping sensation in my lower ab/pubic region...to the side of my incision. It hurt SO badly I couldn't take it. Kevin had gone downstairs to use the bathroom and came back up to my crying in pain. He felt bad for leaving me but it wasn't his fault. I took my medicine, waited a few minutes and went to the bathroom...still VERY sore. From there I went downstairs, got down 4 steps and started sweating, feeling nauseas and overheating so Kevin ran down and brought a chair to our two flight landing and I sat there. I just lost it again. I have never had such a terrible time during recovery like this. I said "I'm done, I can't do this anymore"...and just sat there a while. After a few minutes I got up, went down the last flight and right to my recliner!

I ate some breakfast, did my exercises and relaxed a bit while playing MORE cards....and Mom usually kicks our asses! Kevin told me that I was to do another suppository because my insides are so uncomfortable...so FINE, I did it...waited 30 minutes and went to the bathroom which made me feel much better but it's still nowhere near how much I should be going. I wish my body would kick into gear and start going.

We kind of hung around all day, I took an hour nap and Kevin cleaned the fish tank, Mom cleaned up and made salad for dinner and what not. Then Kevin made pizza for dinner and Mom had to run out to get a few more things from the store. Her and Kev are drinking their Gin&Tonics in front of me. :-(  But that's ok. I was able to sit at the table for dinner much longer, but did get tired after a little while. Sat back on the couch and played some cards for about an hour, then it was back to bed just after 9pm again.

Things are improving, but at a VERY slow rate. :-\

One thing I almost forgot, one of the girls from PT called me today and asked how I was doing and if I had any questions. I really appreciated this because they do genuinely care about their job and how you are going once you leave the hospital. I said I was doing good and also mentioned about being over heated coming downstairs and she said it's because I am so exhausted in general that that little bit of movement just exhausts me. That eased me a little...but ready for that to be done! 

No comments:

Post a Comment