Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Tuesday, July 23, 2013 - Day 28

4 weeks. 1 month. 28 days. However you say it, it brings us to the same spot. I'm dying inside just waiting for my bone to grow. Had a good day, I took it much slower today as I put myself into some pain for being so busy yesterday. My hip was quite sore today...not that it's a bad thing, just not used to that much movement. I just got so frustrated today, nothing is easy, everything is such a process. I can't even walk down the hall with a piece of paper in my hand. Let alone 80 trips back and forth across the lab. I'm excited to see Millis next week and see my xrays and how my bone is doing and that way I know if I can put more weight on. Sometimes my crutch gets stuck on the floor and it causes me to have to step harder on my right leg and I can't say that feels very good. Which says to me that the bone has a bit more healing to do before I can 1-crutch it. I'd be lying if I said I haven't tried it though...I lean a TON so I know I'm not great at that just yet.

I showered this morning without sitting on my shower chair, I mainly use it to put weight on while I turn around and what not. Socks and sneakers aren't an issue. I can put my leg out to the right side a decent amount, but can't flop it in towards my left leg all that great yet. Still having some pain up the back of my leg to my butt, walking makes it feel better. Still trying to master my 90 degree exercises. Sleeping isn't great yet...it's hard to get comfortable and the incision/screws aren't overly comfy. The area is full of scar tissue and it's hard so I'm trying to massage it a little to loosen things up. But it is much more sore this time than the others. I will post some pictures...also 4 week incision from my first PAO for comparison. I can sit on the floor and I can sit on my knees (like with my feet bent underneath me) and the muscles or tendons or something in my knee hurt so badly I can't sit like that. I don't remember that last time...will I ever get back to normal!! My leg still feels 8 feet long and that's annoying.


My scar. Also, the little red dot thing is where the drainage tube was. It's bubbled up a little and kind of sore also...doesn't look overly healed either. Not sure what's going on.


Fresh meat January 2011 before I got hacked up 18 times. 

No comments:

Post a Comment