Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Wednesday, July 24, 2013 - Day 29

First day of wearing jeans in 4+ weeks! Not too bad, they a tad sore on my incision area and they're hanging off my body. I wish I could weigh myself. My right leg definitely lost some size, the left pant leg fits pretty normal but the right one is just all baggy. All that strength I worked so hard to get! ALSO...did the 1-crutch thing a little bit today and it felt good. I try not to do it because I know it's still a little early, but like I say...when it's time, you just know. You know what pain is bad pain and what you definitely shouldn't do. Definitely the third time around I am WELL aware of my do's and don'ts. I feel good. The pain in my butt is still hanging around..another week and we figure out that one out.

We're feeling good all in all. Incision is still hard. I have my pillows that I keep my leg ON in the bed but mostly my leg is bent and leaning against those pillows and not on top of them anymore. The movement inward is getting better but not great...outward is really good. No Indian style yet...but we're about 70% there. :-) I won't be 100% until the screws come out anyway.

Not too many changes going on, this is when the posts get less and less and definitely not as interesting. Sorry...will have to fill the space with some garbage and pictures to keep my audience.

4 weeks post and feeling good. I can't complain. I can complain about being on crutches, but hip-wise...not too bad. People at work are still asking what happened and are in shock when I say hip surgery (mostly people that are new) and even more in shock when I say it's my third one. They thing something went wrong, or it wasn't done right the first time but most of them are too un-intelligent to listen to my explanation...so I just go with it.

Maybe by next week I'll be running.... (Mom, that's a joke!)

No comments:

Post a Comment