Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Wednesday, July 10, 2013 - Day 15

Happy Hump Day. Almost halfway through the week to rest (not) for two days and sit here again for another 5 days. This weekend is going to be busy, unfortunately, so no time to chill with the hubs. He's going to a party to share homemade beer on Saturday and Sunday I have a babyshower, so relaxing, no.

Today seems good. I fell asleep in the chair last night, third night in a row and I wish I would stop doing that. I seem to die between 9-10 but I don't want to go to bed before 10...yet I end up falling asleep in my chair until 1130 anyway. fail. Anyway, Kev woke me up around 11:15pm and I went to bed..nothing worse than waking up and having to CRUTCH up two flights of stairs half asleep. I hate doing it when I'm in GOOD shape. Took my Contin and Valium and went to sleep on my stomach last night for a change, woke up around 230ish and went on my side (no pillow) by accident!!! OMG. oops. I was mid roll over and I guess just fell right asleep. Woke up and I think went on my back for the rest of the night. Kev left around 745am and I went on my side with the pillow between my legs and got up at 9!!! This sleeping thing is getting out of control. I'm afraid to stop taking the Contin because I don't think I'll sleep much at all.

Got up and came downstairs to grab myself a drink and then straight to my chair. I sat before I had any chance of over heating this time. Surprisingly, my leg feels SLIGHTLY better today..could this be the turn I've been waiting for? I did two laps around the building yesterday so will do my first today after I finish this. I'm afraid to move though, thinking that I may tweak something and ruin and improvement that's starting.

Just been doing some work and relaxing..about all I can do. Just truly freaking hope this is when I'm going to start to feel better. I know that inner thigh is going to take a while to relax but just cross my fingers we're on the home stretch this time!!! Day 15? I'll take it!

Not much else to report...tongue still numb, getting out of bed myself and downstairs...my lunch is prepared so I can just carry it to my chair. Lots of dinners made for us so not much prep when Kev gets home.....maybe attempt a shower later today but with the overheating issues I've been having I may want to postpone until Kev gets home. la de da....

UPDATE: just took a walk around the entire building, as opposed to out the front door in the back door. I went back to back and it felt great. My arms and hands get sore from the crutches...but the hip and leg feel increasingly better than yesterday. ::happy dance:: ::crossing fingers:: because I know, as well as anyone, that sciatic pain and stress fractures rear their ugly head around now during recovery. Taking it slow even though feeling better. I will reward myself with some lunch. YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment