Friday, August 2, 2013

Friday, August 2, 2013 - Day 38

Geez, first time I've been able to sit all day! Started out by waking up at 6 and just laying in bed for an hour! Got so frustrated I just got up at 7 and watched some tv until everyone woke up. 

Started the day with my mom and getting a MUCH needed pedicure and eyebrow waxing. I needed that sooo badly. Nice leg massage with a towel and lotion. Delightful. Next, we (of course) stopped at a couple yard sales before heading to real errands! Stopped at Starbucks and a Hot Dog Wagon then to Michael's for some arts & crafts supplies. I think I took about three full laps around the store. Hate that store. Then off to Target (at one end of the mall) for some other supplies. After that, I decided to go to a few more stores which took me down the entire length of the mall along with stops into two stores. Even had to carry my own shopping bags! If I can shop for it, I better be able to carry it, right? By the time I got to the other end, mom was in the car waiting and I was tired. Two more stops at stores in and out of the car and then back home. 

I can say, pain wise I had none today! The butt pain gets better when I walk. My feet were tired and my hands a bit sore. I got tired but didn't have to nap. 

Got home and did some arts and crafts for tomorrow's festivities, pictures pending. Had dinner, and here I am! 

I decided that I wanted to find a baby picture of me in my harness; Pavliks Harness. So I dug through the cabinet and got my album pretty quickly. 

There I am. Keeping my legs at right angles to my body. If I didn't have this, god knows how my hips would have turned out. And speaking of that, here are the X-rays I promises yesterday. 

First: October 2010, my first appointment with Dr. Millis. 

 
You can see there's hardly any coverage over the ball of my femur. My left looked worse to Millis but my right hurt more which is what he did first. 
----------------------------
Second: June 2013, 2+ years post bilateral PAO. Healed. 

Left has a good amount of coverage while the right is still fairly bare and starting to be painful. :-(  scheduled PAO revision. 
--------------------------------

Third: August 2013, 5 weeks post RPAO #2. 


My 'balls' are both VERY secure. But my pelvis looks like a mangled mess!!! The so-called stress fracture is right to the southeast direction if the furthest right screw. If that makes ANY sense. You can see where the bone is kinda cracked looking. 

Anyway, that's enough picture show & tell for one post! 

Happy healing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment