Sunday, August 4, 2013

Sunday, August 4, 2013 - Day 40!

What. A. Busy. Weekend. 

My 4-day doctor/vaca days sure flew by quickly. I hate when that happens. After the Friday fiasco, Saturday was filled with mostly relaxation. I was the first one awake at 7am so I headed off to the closest Starbucks, 15 minutes away, and ordered everyone a morning pick-me-up for when they awoke. 
 
Am I an amazing daughter/sister/wife or what? Did I mention it's not a drive-thru 'bux either!?! Had to carry that! Of course there wasn't much life in the house until around 9am after their coffees got cold, not my fault. 

We sat around most of the day, Kevin's Mom drove from RI for Dad's party and arrived just in time for lunch. We lounged, showered, played cards and before we knew it, it was time to go and 6 of us were racing around! 

This has turned into a diary somehow. 

The party was a huge success and got to see lots of people that we don't get to see very often! This was the saddest picture of all. . . 

Luckily we can all laugh at ourselves. My two crutches, my cousins one crutch (and she has a boot!), my Grandma's walker and her cane. At least the 91 year old has an excuse! More than half the room has scars to show! 

It was a great time! I hobbled around, in platform sandals. Yup, that really happened. The crutches were kind of useless when I was that tall though. The party was a great time, small and causal, made it out without any problems and Dad survived (no hats or singing though). 




In other news. Hip feels fine. Butt pain still there. But having three flights of stairs at my parents house helps me exercise and keep the muscles moving. Laying on my stomach or op side are a little sore still. Just trying to be good and stick to two crutches by doctors orders!!

Great weekend and Happy Birthday again Daddy'o. 

No comments:

Post a Comment