Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Tuesday, August 6, 2013 - Day 42

6 weeks folks, can you believe it? Yup. I've had to catch up on my previous PAO blogs because I haven't in a while. I'm pretty much on track. My RPAO healed like a champ so I can't really compare to that one. Although, my postop that time around was just over 6 weeks. I basically healed all by myself without seeing Millis for many weeks. My second, I was about on track with this one. Had butt pain, they didn't want me to so too much too soon for risk of stress fracture (which I ended up getting at like 2-3 months post). 

But I feel good, I can't complain about my hip or anything associated with it. What I can bitch about, and I will, are these stupid god awful crutches I have to bring with me everywhere!!! I am being good and using them like I should. I want to heal properly so I am following doctors orders for once. But it's not easy. My butt has been feeling like it may be getting a little better. I feel pain the most when I wake up in the morning and get out of bed. I can walk alllll day and not feel an ounce of pain. Go figure. 

Sleeping has been improving. I don't sleep very late, but I still have my pillow for  between my legs (only use it when my op leg is on the top) and I also have a pillow to use under my right leg when I lay on my back because Millis said it relieves some strain on the cut on the front of my hip bone and let's it heal faster. However, I don't sleep on my back. . . Ever. So. Yeah. 

Here's my incision pic and my Indian style pic. Yea, I shouldn't have been able to sit like this after my first PAO and definitely not after two of them on one hip. I love my gummy bear tendons sometimes. Of I couldn't sit criss-cross applesauce I just might die!

Have to get back on track doing my exercises and maybe head to the gym next week (?). Well see. I feel weird walking in with crutches. #awkward. 


I don't think my scar looks that great yet which is sad. It looks really red. And the area is still sore. My swelling over the hip has gone down significantly, so I'm trying to find my screws now. They are more to my side rather than on top of my bone like last time. 


I kind of look scary in this pic! It's hard to see, but my Indian is almost 100%! It's not 100% comfortable. . . But we're getting there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment