Thursday, August 8, 2013

Thursday, August 8, 2013 - day 44

I've officially hit the "post every other day" point in my recovery. That's when I know things are going well and I'm busy! Which, yes and yes. Kind of. Butt still hurts!! And mostly when I get out of bed in the morning. Not standing or walking all day. It's like stiff-sore in the morning. Sucks. Just let me move on with this stupid hip crap already. 

Last night we went to a bar/restaurant because Kevin entered his homebrew (beer) into a competition and the finals were last night. It was a fun night and in a banquet room (actually where our after party was for my college graduation)! The only thing we thought was going to be a problem was that it was standing only. They had hightops situated around the room so that literally meant me standing all night. Kevin asked someone for a chair and we kept it in the corner until I needed it. I didn't use it or want it. But Kevin felt bad for asking and not using it so he made me sit for like 15 minutes during the judging. Unfortunately, Kevin didn't end up winning but he got excellent scores and it was a fun night with beer tasting and what not. I wanted to get a picture of our outing but that never happens as planned. But I was proud of myself for standing nearly 3 hours and I felt great, minus the whole leg length issue. 

Been doing fine. Using my two crutches as prescribed. My thigh is still numb to the touch but if I rub it, it hurts. So odd. Oh and one of the judges last night was a year post from a THR. We could swap hip pain stories. Ha! 

So I see how many views I get of my blog and I wish it could tell me who is reading, besides my mom, dad, brother and aunt. But I want people to find it and comment on it. I hope it's reaching to newbies out there needing this surgery but I don't k is if you don't comment!

Anyway, dinner time. Literally, an entirely local fresh salad (minus the dressing). #YEAH!

No comments:

Post a Comment