Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Tuesday, August 13, 2013 - Day 49

Are we there yet? No. Are we there yet? Nope. But we ARE at 7 weeks. Can I cry yet at the fact I'm still on two crutches? I would have never thought I'd be in the situation I am right now the third time around. I think that's what makes this so frustrating. I want to try and walk normal but don't want to mess anything up if I'm already healing a little in that site. 

I don't really have too much more to say. I go back in two weeks and will hopefully have good news. If not, I just might strangle someone. I really am being good and focusing on two crutches at home and at work and really trying to not cheat. So far so good but not 100%. I'm trying vitamins. I'm having yogurt and milk for calcium. Please just heal!

Met a new friend via email today. I love signing into my account and finding a new hipster in there that stumbled onto my blog. This girl is incredible. Not only does she have dysplasia, but also coxa vara: 
So basically the ball is way low on the femur. She has met with Millis as well as other surgeons in the country and to perform an osteotomy to move the ball and a PAO is a task they are not thrilled to take on. Apparently there was a girl from India who had this performed on her but that's it. I feel so badly to get hit with such a rare form. So does she have the PAO now and most likely a THR in the future. . . Not knowing how recovery or future will be of the PAO. I know she won't regret her decision to have a PAO, in the long run, but I know during the recovery she will question her decision daily. 

That was my hip excitement for the day. I feel so good I just want to walk on this peg leg of mine. My back hurts, my arms hurt, my hands hurt. . . I need off these things. 

As promised, per usual, my weekly incision picture! 



I wish it wasn't so red looking. Not sure what the deal is with that. It's not going to heal as great since this is the third time it's been open, and will be even worse after the fourth! Lets not get ahead of ourselves. 

Anyway, I took some pictures of my exercises tonight. Tomorrow is a busy night so I may not get to post those until Weds or Thurs. But they are coming!

1 comment: